Tuesday, June 25, 2013

GOWOMAN MAGAZINE

Vickie Remoe Bio

I am the poster child for the Sierra Leone returnee movement although I am no longer living there, I was one of the first amongst my peers to move back home. I am a blogger, photographer, a journalist, a videographer, a TV talk show host, a producer and most recently publisher of GoWoman Magazine. My two recent proudest moments are the day I held the first print issue of GoWoman Magazine, and being asked to speak on a panel on doing business in Africa at the 2012 Harvard Africa Business Conference. I own and run Vickie Remoe and Company a market research and corporate communications firm with clients in Ghana and in Sierra Leone. I am passionate about telling stories about Africa that are a fair representation of the way people live. Its not about showing that things are good or bad, rather about highlighting the shadows, and showing our humanity.

I hold a BA in Political Science from Haverford College in Pennsylvania and a Masters of Science in Journalism from Columbia Journalism School.
GoWoman Magazine
GoWoman is a quarterly print, digital, mobiles publication with its headquarters in Accra, Ghana. GoWoman reports on women's accomplishments, and highlights the issues still affecting women in politics, health, and business in Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. GoWoman helps women in their 20s, 30s, 40s navigate a global modern world through a localized regional lens. This magazine is for the woman who is already proving her potential. GoWoman is not just a magazine, its a movement. Our Editor-In-Chief is Pamilerin Beckley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...