Thursday, June 27, 2013

GEORGE HAMILTON




Welcome to SLMV BASE, please tell us your name and where were you born?

Firstly Praise & Thanks to God Almighty in all I do.

My Name is George Hamilton
 Born in Freetown, Sierra Leone, West Africa

How many brother and sisters do you have if yes do you get along with them?

 I have several brothers & sisters both in Sierra Leone, United
Kingdom & United States of America.

When did you think of becoming a designer and what motivated you, what where were you doing before coming to designer?

I became more interested in designing & styling over 15 years ago.
I own different businesses after leaving the Civil Services in London,
UK. Own my own Chauffeur & Celebrity Bodyguard business for
Celebrities.

Oh ok from security business to fashion wow very interesting, who was your first superstar you design for and how did it all happen?



I design & styled for the Singer & Songwriter Mr.
Anthony Hamilton. I was in Los Angeles California showcasing in
Fashion Meets Music in Hollywood by a friend, when I was approach to
do a project with him.

And which other designers have you worked with and what was it like?


I haven't worked with any Designer as I am promoting my brand to
become global, but have been in few fashion shows with other Designer.
I happen to do an outfit for Mychael Knight of Project Runaway for the
Trumpet Awards in Atlanta.

And what about Sierra Leonean designers or design for any Sierra Leonean celebrates?


 No, I haven't but have few projects in mind, to promote few of my
fellow Sierra Leoneans who I have so much love, respect & regards for.
To name a few my close & best friend Mr. Katib Iscandri of House of
Maani in  Freetown, Miss Sunny Kamara of ReStycle in USA, Miss Kadiatu
Kamara of Vivid Emporium in Freetown, Miss Adama Kai of Aschobi
Designs in France & Mamosoe in Atlanta USA.

What is your take on the fashion industry in Sierra Leone and how do you feel about the women leading the industry?



Sierra Leone we are definitely fashion forward. We just need to
promote it more & also get help from Government & Local Business to
Promote Local talent to expose us like the Nigerians. The women are
leading as they are our backbone and we have to respect that and work
with them to promote Sierra Leone. Also women shop, whilst men buy.
Women don't need an excuse to shop and wanting to enhance their
beauty.
Hummmm  lets get personal a bit, is there any woman in your life if so pls tell us about her and how you guys meet?


About a woman in my life: Would like to take the 5th as I am very
private in my personal life.

Ok I can respect that Mr. Private Man so what can we expect from the fashion guru in the feature?


My aim is to put Sierra Leone on the map, help promote & work with
others in the Fashion Industry, Entertainment & Marketing. Eventually
have a business & factories in Sierra Leone. Being raise by my Gran
from a humble home & saw how she invested in Orphans who lost their
parent in our Rebel War in her local town Pemdembu in the eastern
Province of Sierra Leone. For this reason I have always had the
foundation to involve in Charity work & help others in anyway possible
I can with people who have the drive, determination & sacrifice to get
to the top.

That would be nice we hope God will make your dream come true but let me take to our music World for a sec, who is you best salone artist or music and how do you feel about Salone music?


 My Best Sierra Leone Artist, I have a few, Jay Arr, Emmerson, &
Shady Baby. Jay Arr I happen to know & like more as he is very humble
& focused. I am presently in Talks with Wyclef Jean & Rick Rozay camp
to do some collaborations with few Sierra Leonean artist & to bring
them in Sierra Leone to perform and help our Music, Entertainment &
Fashion & Tourism Industry.

Amen to that. What do you think about the job SLMTV BASE is doing in the industry?

I think SLMTV Base is doing a great job and you need to promote &
invest in a lot of our local talents. Also need all Sierra Leone
Artist to perform in a concert to promote our Beloved Sierra Leone by
helping each other and forget about the rivalry. They have to remember
that the tool they have is very powerful to promote peace, solidarity,
& mentor people who want to be involve in the industry.

Well said the Guru, I hate to go but so many other interviews to be done, what would be your last word?

Finally thanking you Mr. Abu Bakarr Boxx Konteh of Boxx Production &
SLMTV BASE for interest you've show in me & supporting my business.
Open to any dialogue to work for one goal Sierra Leone. I am based in
Miami, but currently traveling working with various clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...